The contiguous states of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Mizoram, Manipur, Nagaland And Tripura are the seven sisters or the north east states of India. Although there is a great ethic and religious diversity within the seven sisters, they also have some similarities in political, social and economic contexts.
1. Arunachal Pradesh: Arunachal Pradesh is a state of India situated in north east region of India. It is also recognized as “The land of the rising sun” in orientation to its position as the eastern most state of India.
Places of attraction: Arunachal Pradesh Attracts tourists from numerious parts of the world.tourists attraction includes Tawang a good looking town famous for its Bhuddist Monastary.
Ziro is famous for edifying festivals, the Namdapha Tiger project in Changtang districts and Sela Lake near Bondila with its Bamboo bridges over hanging the river .Religious places of intersts includes MAlinithan in Lekhabali, Rubhminagar near Roing, and Parshuram Kund in Lohit district. Rafting and trekking are ordinary activities.
2. Assam: Assam is the north eastern state of India.Its capital is Dispur located within themunicipal area of Ghuwati city.Assam is known for its wildlife archeological sites and tea gardens
Places of attraction: Assam comprises the Bramaputra and the Barak river valley along with the Karbi Anglong and the North Cachar hills.
Kaziranga National Park is the protected habitat of elephants and two third of the world’s remaining great one-horned rhinoceros.
Manas National Park or Manas wildlife sanctuary is a ntional park UNESCO natural World Heritage site and a tiger,elephant reserve in Asssam. Locates in the foothills of Himalayas.
Majuli: Majuli is the biggest river island in the world and in the country.
3. Manipur: Manipur is the north east state in India, Impal is the capital,a scenic beauty. Dense forests and sprawling grasslands make Imphal the place of heaven on .
Places of Attraction: Ukrul a picturesque city is a visual delight. Bishnupur is one of the most frequently visited city in Manipur for both of its natural beauties and places of worship. Chandel is the Gateway to Mayanmar. Senapati preserves the natural beauty of Manipur with some of its parts still unexpected.
4. Meghalaya: Meghalaya is the state in the north of India.It is predominently agrarian financial system.It is considered as the wettest state in the country.
Places of attraction:
Shilong the capital city is famous for its spectular and natural beauty.It is popular known as the “Scotland of the east” as it resembles the Scottish lands. Cherrapunji boats of being the second wettest place on earth. Tura is no exception to the rule of Meghalaya where nature is concerned.
Williamnagar is a dream destination to the nature lovers, bird watchers and adventures seekers.
5. Mizoram: Mezoram is also the north state of India which has 21 major peaks of various heights.
Places of attraction:
Aizwal is the largest city of Mizoram and its capital. Champhai overlooks the largest plains in the state of Mizoram and offers a spectacular view of Myanmar hill ranges.
Lunglei is the second largest city in Mezoram It is an ideal location to have some of the most spectacular views the can offer.
Serchhip is the to the state’s highest waterfalls and 8th highest mountain.
6. Nagaland: Nagaland,the hilly region in the north east India,makes amazing tourist destination with its majestic hills and breathtaking valley.
Places of Attraction:
Kohima the capital city of Nagaland, is one of the leading attraction in the state for the picturesque views. Dimapur serves as the main entry point in Nagaland that boasts of rich tribal heritage. Phek is rich in flora and fauna. It boasts of scenic landscape.
7. Tripura: Tripura is the northeast of the Indian state a dream destination for nature lovers.The land is also rich in culture, which is reflected by the moments and heritage sites.
Places of Attraction:
Agartala is rich in natural beauty and also boasts of being home to various tribes.It is famous for beautiful places,monuments,temples and handicrafts. Dharmanagar is one of the most beautiful cities in India. Udaipur is on the bank of river Gomati famously refereed to as the lake city. It has a number of temples and historic sites that attract tourists in large numbers.